Sandbag is a London and Brussels-based not-for-profit think tank recognised across Europe for its influence on climate policy. With six staff, we research and campaign for cost-effective climate policies. Sandbag’s vision is that climate policy in Europe and beyond should be robustly designed to drive rapid and cost-effective emissions reductions, towards a net zero economy.
We are looking to strengthen our Board by the addition of at least one new trustee. In particular, we are looking for a trustee with experience in governance (particularly with NGOs), management, HR, accounting, finance, law, data science or fundraising. Experience in issues connected to climate change policy would be an advantage but not necessary. If you think your profile means you have something else to offer by being on our Board, we would also like to hear from you.
We are looking for people who can bring passion, experience, knowledge and insight as we address our different challenges while deepening our expertise and delivering maximum impact for our campaigns.
This is a fantastic chance to be part of a dynamic environment group, taking real action to tackle climate change, and with close links to policymakers across Europe.
- Attend Board meetings and assess papers circulated in advance;
- Contribute to decision making via email and telephone between Board meetings;
- Occasionally interview new members of staff;
- Attend occasional networking and fundraising events.
- Term for all Trustees is 3 years, with the option of re-election by mutual agreement for further terms.
- The position is unpaid but expenses can be covered.
Details of the current Board can be found at https://sandbag.org.uk/about/
To read more and apply, please follow instructions in our Trustee recruitment pack.