New vacancy: Development Officer
Development Officer c. £32,000 (pro-rated 3 days/week) London Closing date: Tuesday 04/09/2012
Sandbag is a London-based climate change NGO that focuses on pulling the big policy levers to achieve maximum environmental change.
Set up in 2008, our creative, research-based approach to technical climate issues has allowed us to become a respected voice on the EU Emissions Trading Scheme, emerging regional cap-and-trade schemes, European climate targets and UN climate policy.
We are looking to recruit a development officer to bolster and diversify our income streams and help grow the organisation. The post holder will report directly to our Managing Director, Baroness Worthington.
The main responsibilities of the job will include:
- Helping to prepare and implement a strategy for the future development of the organisation
- Carrying out fundraising activities and reporting to funders
- Recruiting sponsors for reports, events, workshops and campaigns
- Developing and maintaining a network of fundraising and business contacts
- Developing and maintaining Sandbag’s public supporter base
- Preparing reports for the Board of Directors
- Supporting the Managing Director in the day to day management of the organisation
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Previous experience of fundraising, recruiting corporate sponsors and/or business development
- A proven record of growing smaller organisations
- Existing relationships with a broad range of charitable foundations and philanthropic trusts.
- A commitment to combating climate change and conversancy with the key stakeholders and issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to meet the needs of the organisation
The position offered is part-time (ideally 3 days a week but with flexibility for the right candidate), and will initially consist of a one year contract with a 3 month probationary period. The place of work will be our offices at 13 Charterhouse Square, Barbican, London. The salary offered is c. £32k per annum, pro-rated.
Please send a c.v. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 4th of September 2012. We will be conducting interviews on Monday 10th September.